Tuesday, December 06, 2005

O ye of little faith

Our church has a Women's Ministry and this past saturday we had our christmas get together. We usually have a brunch, make our own wreaths with real greens and a special event, like Stampin Up, or Pampered Chef. This year I suggested that we have a Boutique since we have several women with home based businesses. After clearing it with the Elder Board, we went ahead. I regretted the suggestion. The head of the WM did not publicise it, make any plans for decorations...nothing! I had to step in ( I know...my control issues) and get these things done. So... 14 ladies signed up. How depressing is that. I got to work again..dreading that Sat. all the way up to friday night. The leader of the pack did not show up to help set up...there was no coffee made, no decorations done. I was at the church at 8am Sat. doing all these things..alone.
Well, it looked nice and we had hot coffee. Ladies brought in brunch food. It turned out to be a huge success. We had about 8 little "stores" including my candle store :-). I sold alot! I didn't expect to sell anything. Any way, my point is...when I was talking to Frank after it was all over, I realized I had actually "worried" myself to death. I always took pride in not being a worrier. Frank says I am the forever optimist. But I really worried! It was not a good feeling. I hope I will be able to put my fears and concerns in the Lord's hands in the furure, I will certainly remember what worry feels like for a long time.
Remember that little lady at my Nursing Home that chose to die...well, she is still hanging in. I can't believe it. I took care of her today and she is still alert. You can tell a difference in her strength but she still smiles and refuses every thing, like food, oxygen etc. She is taking a little bit of morphine as she seems to be having some pain. I love to go in and speak to her and rub her arms or cheeks. I want her to know , somehow that Jesus loves her and maybe my doing that will be used by God to convey His love. Thank you, God for loving us and forgiving our worrying and using us to convey your great love.
Have a great holiday season..it is so special NO MATTER WHAT!! :-) I pray it will be special to you. AP

1 comment:

DJS said...

I would love for our Ladies to have a boutique next year!