Yesterday after work, Frank and I went to get our tree. We are alittle late but so what!
I was very tired, cold, and frustrated. Sorry, God but this is not the year of the christmas tree!
We must have looked at a 1000 trees, or at least it felt like it. The top was good or the bottom was good...nothing in between. I was cold, fingers frozen ( sympathy, Kimber?) I did have gloves but not good ones. The tip of my nose was frozen, literally, I think. Anyway, we left without a tree. Today we went ,again, to get our tree. They were better but not much. We did get a tree, taking a chance that it would "fall out" good. By the way, all the trees are frozen since it is only about 20 degrees. We put it up but did not decorate it as it should "fall out" some.
I walked through the dining room and got a wonderful whiff of christmas tree. Ahhhh! It is worth all the hassle already. I am going to put everything I got on it this year. I have christmas balls with snowmen, thanks, Dottie. And some christmas balls that we made at Christy's, a small Crackle Barrell and alot more memories to hang. I would say that this has put me into the christmas spirit but I have been there since Thanksgiving, thanks, girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When we were at Kelly's I kept getting a whif(?)of her Christmas tree. It smelled so good. Nothing takes you back to childhood like the smell of Christmas trees. If you had real ones that is.
HEY! It's not THAT bad of a thing to not have a tree up yet!
Post a Comment