Frank preached today and came home and crashed. I had to go to a Ladies tea (more on this) and when I came back he was still laying down...in fact he is still laying down. I tried to tell him that you don't get over this illness quickly.
The ladies tea was at a "Tea House" we have locally. It is very nice, victorian in nature, real english scones with lemon curd and clotted cream. I always wondered why they name it those names when it is so good. I first had it in England and went many years without finding it in the states. Dottie and I went to a tea house called "The Tea Hive" and it was really much better...when any of you come, we will go there. But it was a nice time. The lady that heads it up always has a question for us to answer...kind of deep but the ladies respond real well. Today it was " Where are you in this season of your life" I was hesitant to answer because all the ladies there had children either very young or teens. But the Lord gave me this thought.... I am at a stage of freedom..free to do things and go places, experiment with home-based businesses or just be alone. But I told the ladies to not be sad or afraid when they come to another stage of their lives because each stage has it's blessings ( some had expressed a sadness of children growing up and going a way). There might be some sadness but along with that sadness will be an excitement at a new phase that God can do new and great things for and through us. Just be willing to grow yourself and explore life in a new way. It is way cool!!
Next week is very busy...I am working 4 days, aChurch Conference 3 nights, a decorating party, and I feel lousy with a sore throat and a headache. I am staying home with germy Frank.
So have a good week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, counting the days til Thanksgiving! P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I'm very blessed to have my family close by and to be able to spend time with them. The Tea room experience is really neat.
I would love to have real tea! Promise me! Enjoy your freedom, you deserve it.
Post a Comment