Thursday, November 10, 2005

this is waht families are for!

Wow! Do I love these blogs. It is so awesome that family can share tears and joy, encouragement and discouragement. Laughter plays a very big part in our sanity, doesn't it? No reason God said that laughter does good, like medicine.
I had a very good day at work. I got to counsel a lady that decided she is ready to die. She is an older lady, very sweet and gentle. She had a bad stroke a while ago, before I met her. She can't talk, walk or eat normally. She has a feedingtube, I always enjoyed taking care of her, she always had a smile for me. Well, she started refusing the nurses to give her the feeding. I explained to her what would happen and she still refused. I talked to her daughter and she said "My Mom wants to die" She was a very active person before her stroke and now she can do nothing...except suck on lollipops. She loves lollipops ;-)
Today, I got to take care of "Loretta" again. I went to her and now she is refusing all her medications and any water flushes for her tube. I again explained to her the possible consequences of not taking meds, etc. She shook her head No! Then I asked her if she was ready for what will happen since she has quit everything and she nodded yes. I ask her if she is ready to die? She nodded yes. I asked her if she knew believed in Jesus and she nodded yes. I asked her if she had accepted Him as her saviour and she nodded yes. I smiled at her and touched her face and said OK. She smiled. What an honor!
Then I went to our conference tonight on prophecy...WOW!!!! It has been a long time since I have studied Revelation and the end times. I can't believe how ready the world is for the tribulation. Everything, more than ever in history is in place. That means that the Rapture is truly imminent. The preacher asked..."are you ready"? So I started thinking, yes, I am ready spiritually but in reality...? There are times when I will be glad to see Jesus but then there are times that I would like to do more here on earth. Of course, that is when things are going good.
Then I think, I don't want to not be Frank's wife or do wifey things with him. I have always done everything with him, He has always been there. That's the worldly me thinking because I know that all I ever needed inFrank will be met a thousand times over in Christ. My marriage and relationship with Frank is only a precursor to my heavenly relationship with the saviour.
I think I just need to meditate on what being with Jesus means and will be like.
Well, another day tomorrow and what will God bring into my life ? Good nite! P.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, Aunt Patsy. This is why I love you so much and have so much respect for you. I am so glad you've made friends with Loretta and were intervening in her behalf. Quite an honor indeed.

Kelly said...

I am always so encouraged after reading your blogs!