Friday, January 13, 2006

nostalgia big time!

We are finally putting away the christmas tree and decorations. ( I said we had 2-3 weeks grace after the new year) We listened to christmas music as we were taking off the ornaments. Frank went to do something and "Christmas in Dixie" came on. Tears ran down my cheeks and even now as I type this. I love my heritage...I am southern inside and out and no matter where I live I will be southern. I figured out today that I don't miss the ground of the south but all that the south is to me. ..Family ,no matter where they are, and memories of days gone by. I was ok with it until I stood in the yard and looked at the bare tree laying on it's side with the bare wreath on top of it, waiting to go to the chipper or wherever discarded trees go. I felt sad....not so much for the tree but for the wonderful memories put away for another year and for new changes showing up.
Murray is getting married and I wonder how our relationship will change. Right now, I am the most important woman in his life ( he told me so :-) ) Maybe some bad experiences has me a little scared. Our christmases will be different too. Will we go to California for christmas or Montana?? ( Kim, be patient with Brett's Mom)
Soon we will be retiring and all the major changes that will bring is alittle daunting to think of.
I am not worried or even scared, just a little emotional. I know God will direct and take care of us...not doubt about that. Praise the Lord for His grace and goodness!
Now I have to go finish putting things away...thanks for listening, I feel better...AP

2 comments:

DJS said...

As Southern women we're "Steel Magnolias", remember. :) I've been missing your blogs.

Leanne said...

I love you. I love reading your blogs. When did this marriage proposal take place? Pass on my love. Oh, and thanks for the mag. although I did have to pay postage due on it. :) Love ya.