Hi Guys...been a while since I blogged so here I am catching up....As you know, I fell last year at work...slipped on a wet floor and had to have surgery (recently) on my knee. I had the surgery last thursday and I am doing good. I was on crutches for 2 days and then I put them away. They were more uncomfortable than trying to hobble...I did have some considerable pain the first 3 days and took my percocet as needed. But now I don't need it...maybe some tylenol. Leanne...you must have really high tolerance for pain. I go to the doctor tomorow for post-surgery check-up. He wants me to have some therapy...maybe 2-3 weeks. I still hobble but not as much.
Before my surgery, the insurance company (Workmans Comp) called and told me they have a new program where I would go with aan Insurance Representative before a Judge and the judge will decide what amount of compensation I would get for having to have surgery...totally took me by surprise. I was just grateful that they were paying all my bills and reimbursing some of my paycheck. AS we were talking, he mentioned "I could get a lawyer but I didn't really need one and it might be some expense I would get stuck with....." Hmmmm, bells started clanging I got to wondering about it all. Without going into all the past details, the insurance company and my employer messed up pretty bad and my surgery schedule was dragged out for several months, possible as many as 6 months. I worked in pain, I missed work when my knee would swell and be more painful. I went to several doctors , had a ultrasound and a MRI,etc. I think that they are afraid I would sue for a lot of money....they are really dumb. It never even entered my mind. I was blown away when he mentioned it.
Anyway! Has any one had any experience with workmans comp. or dealing with insurance companies?? I am going to look into getting a lawyer...can you imagine, going before a Judge by yourself??? Now I have to concentrate on not getting greedy :-) Pray for me AP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I for one am very glad that you are doing so very well. I had my crutches for more than 2 days but that was because Marcus wanted me to. That's great that you are going to get compensated for your injury! I love you and apparently I do have a high pain threshold 2 kids + no drugs...need I say more?
Love you. Get better.
Post a Comment