Thursday, October 27, 2005

blogging a new experience

Hi...this is my first time to blog. I have a few friends that have really made quite a fellowship doing this so I am looking forward to the same. My name is Pat and I live in new Jersey. I am a nurse, working in Long Term Care Facilities taking care of the elderly. I am married to a wonderful man, have 3 grown sons and 5 awesome grandkids. I enjoy crafts, reading,traveling and church. Church to me is more than a place to go on sundays or a tradition or place I have to go to. Church is truly a place to meet God, leaving all our cares and woes behind. A place to bask in His love and acceptance. I sound like an old person but I am not. :-)

4 comments:

Pat V said...

Did you see God today? I have been told of many sad and depressing things today.My heart goes out to my friends. But, you know? I can still see God. His strength, His grace, His love.I see it in the hope of those who are sad. They know bad things happen and it hurts but they also know God's promises of hope and peace and that He will never leave them nor forsake them.
sorry this isn't a "happening" blog but I hope it will encourage you to trust in God.

Leanne said...

I am so excited that you are blogging now too! Now we can keep up with each other a little better. You must post pictures so I can see them though. I love you. Can't wait till Thanksgiving! (well, hopefully)

Pat V said...

our church has HarvestFest in place of halloween...there is games, pony rides, hayrides,candy,food,food,food,music,skits and it is all free for the community. We have about 5-600 people come through. But that was on saturday this year so I was home to give out candy to the T or T's. When I ran out of candy, I turned off the porch light and didn't answer the door. Usually they went away but there was this one group that was very persistant, They ran the door bell, knocked on the window and rang the doorbell again. I heard one little voice say " I see you in there". Frank and I laughed so hard.
The bible says we should be like those kids...persistant. And when God doesn't answer, just say "I know you are in there God!!!" I bet He laughs with glee because He takes joy in us, especially when we believe inspite of the circumstances.

Kimberly said...

"Monyana" wrote to me mysteriously via my blog, but the dirty dog didn't sign her name and so it scared me and I didn't write back. But after a little investigation and a revealing email I realize that it's my Aunt P. *SIGH*

I could have rejoiced with your blog goodness much, much sooner.

I love blogs and technology. Doesn't everyone LOVE me now?